John J. Dellas Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of John J. Dellas to honor the life of someone who became an engineer because he liked solving problems. John accomplished much in his 40-year career as an engineer for Consumers Energy, but his greatest achievement was what he brought to the world in his capacity as a father, a husband, and a fellow human being. John was someone who always put others before himself and used the problem-solving skills that served him so well as an engineer to improve the lives of countless others around him. He exemplified what it means to be a truly good person. The ideal recipient of this scholarship not only shows an avid interest in engineering, but also a giving heart.
• Resident of Jackson County, Michigan
• A high school senior who holds a GPA of 3.25 or above
• A college student who holds a GPA of 3.0 or above
• Acceptance to or attends an accredited Michigan college or university
• Intends to enroll or is enrolled in a school of engineering
• Participation in school, community or volunteer activity
• Demonstration of good citizenship, high moral character,
potential for leadership and academic success
• Proof of financial need
Scholarship Award: Two awards up to $2,000 each.
• One to a high school senior
• One to a college junior or senior whose home residence is Jackson County.
Scholarship Use: Tuition, books, fees, or other academic costs