Melissa Eleanor Ernest Scholarship
This scholarship was established by family and friends in honor of Melissa Eleanor Ernest who was anticipating a promising career as an Esthetician upon graduation from Douglas J. Aveda Institute before her tragic death.
· Resident of Jackson County, Michigan
· Adult returning learner, graduating high school senior, or student already enrolled in an accredited institution of cosmetology
· Enrolled / plans to enroll full- or part-time to study cosmetology, esthiology, and/or nail technician.
· Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
· Demonstrates financial need
· Must attend an accredited institution of cosmetology in the United States
Scholarship Amount: $1,500.00
Scholarship Uses: Tuition, books, fees, or other academic-related costs
Deadline: 5 PM on Friday, June 10, 2022
Application Instructions: In addition to completing the questions/essays, please be prepared to upload the following:
Transcript that includes grades from Fall 2021; GED Certificate of Completion; or High School Equivalency (HSE) documentation
One Letter of Recommendation
Proof of completing the FAFSA that shows Expected Family Contribution (EFC)